Debian 3.0

Eray Ozkural erayo at cs.bilkent.edu.tr
Thu May 9 12:57:03 PDT 2002

On Thursday 09 May 2002 13:57, Manel Soria wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We are considering to upgrade our cluster to the "testing" Debian 3.0,
> rather than to the "stable " Debain 2.2. We only need the base system and
> LAM, and the number of bugs that affect to the base system 3.0 is really
> low so it seems reasonable to choose it.
>
> Any positive/negative experiences with Debian 3.0 ?
>
> Also, on more general terms, it seems to me that the majority of Beowulfs
> are running Red Hat. What are the reasons to prefer it to Debian ?

We're using debian testing distro for the last 8-9 months I guess. No
downsides. I would prefer debian because it's a more consistent distribution,
plus we've got excellent people supporting parallel stuff.

Thanks,

--
Eray Ozkural (exa) <erayo at cs.bilkent.edu.tr>
www: http://www.cs.bilkent.edu.tr/~erayo  Malfunction: http://mp3.com/ariza