Because XFS is BETTER (Re: opinion on XFS)

Steven Timm timm at fnal.gov
Thu May 9 06:41:20 PDT 2002

The only time I have seen ext2 file system corruption on our cluster
of > 400 machines, it has been due to broken hardware, namely
the Serverworks IDE chipset that doesn't play nice with some
classes of hard drives.  If there is fs corruption in ext2, the hardware
is the first place to point the finger at.

Steve Timm

Steven C. Timm (630) 840-8525  timm at fnal.gov  http://home.fnal.gov/~timm/
Fermilab Computing Division/Operating Systems Support
Scientific Computing Support Group--Computing Farms Operations