Debian 3.0

Manel Soria manel at labtie.mmt.upc.es
Thu May 9 03:57:15 PDT 2002

Hi,

We are considering to upgrade our cluster to the "testing" Debian 3.0, rather than to the
"stable " Debain 2.2. We only need the base system and LAM, and the number of bugs that
affect to the base system 3.0 is really low so it seems reasonable to choose it.

Any positive/negative experiences with Debian 3.0 ?

Also, on more general terms, it seems to me that the majority of Beowulfs are running
Red Hat. What are the reasons to prefer it to Debian ?

Thanks,

Dr. Manel Soria
ETSEIT - Centre Tecnologic de Transferencia de Calor
C/ Colom 11  08222 Terrassa (Barcelona) SPAIN
Tf:  +34 93 739 8287 ; Fax: +34 93 739 8101
E-Mail: manel at labtie.mmt.upc.es