e1000-4.1.7 (new driver version)

Mikhail Kuzminsky kus at free.net
Wed Mar 27 10:26:55 PST 2002

I've received today the information about availability
of new version of e1000 driver for Intel Pro/1000T NICs.

Taking into account that upgrade from more old to previous version
of e1000 was very important for our cluster based on Athlon
Tyan S2460 nodes (w/o this upgrade netperf tests simple hang-up
connection after a series of packets droppings and overruns;
but the problems remain on dual PIII Tualatin Tyan mobos),
this information may be interesting also for subscribers of Beowulf
mail list.

According to issuppor at mailbox.cps.intel.com
> From issuppor at mailbox.cps.intel.com Wed Mar 27 07:12:41 2002
> Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 04:12:37 GMT
> Subject: RE: Re: Re: Re: Re: e1000-4.0.7 installation
> From: issuppor at mailbox.cps.intel.com
> To: kus at free.net
>
> We just released version 4.1.7 of the driver. There have been a few performance cleanups that should speed up the driver.
>
> http://support.intel.com/support/go/linux/e1000.htm

Mikhail Kuzminsky
Zelinsky Institute of Organic Chemistry
Moscow