100BaseT EMI ?

Huntress Gary B NPRI HuntressGB at Npt.NUWC.Navy.Mil
Wed Mar 27 07:24:10 PST 2002

Greetings,

I am drafting a proposal for a small cluster that will be used in a tactical military environment (Naval), thus I am bound by some environmental issues, particularly in the area of electromagnetic interference.

Right now I don't want to address the whole cluster, but is anyone aware of EMI issues specifically related to 100 Base T ethernet?  My gut feeling is that good quality shielded cables will be the first line of defense, however I'm concerned about radiated emission levels at the connectors.

As always, any info is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Gary Huntress
Code 4113
Naval Undersea Warfare Center