Running MM5 with the Intel compiler

Ole W. Saastad ole at scali.com
Sun Mar 24 23:32:31 PST 2002

Greg Lindahl wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 22, 2002 at 01:50:41PM +0100, Ole W. Saastad wrote:
>
> > At Scali we have successfully compiled, linked and run MM5 MPP
> > using ScaMPI and SCI using the Intel set of compilers.
>
> NCSA did this last November so that they could run MM5 on their
> Itanium/myrinet cluster.
>
> -- greg

Fine, but do you have performance numbers from NCSA?
It is hard to judge without any performance numbers.
This would be an interesting case to see how well Itanium performs
with meteo. code. As you know ScaMPI also support Itanium
so this is very interesting.

Ole

--
Ole W. Saastad, Dr.Scient.
Scali AS P.O.Box 150 Oppsal 0619 Oslo NORWAY