pvm povray help

Heger The Horrible jayne at sphynx.clara.co.uk
Wed Mar 20 12:11:33 PST 2002

Hiya,

Has anyone ran pvm povray?

I have set up pvm correctly, and can add hosts to my pvm.

One thing though is when I run pvmpov with said options , e.g. pvmpov
+Iskyvase.pov +Oskyvase.tga +H480 +W640 pvmpovray starts up, it says its
spawning 3 tasks for 3 hosts which is correct.
Then it stops, and says cannot spawn, executable not found.
I have looked at some literature on the web, and can't find anything which
says clearly where this exe file should go, and what file it is exactly.

I had a non-productive day today, I was working on this in my project lab,
when a group of other students came in, and switched all my machines off, it
took me a while to figure out why pvm wouldn't work again, the pvmd socket
file was still running in /tmp, so I deleted that and it works again.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Thankyou,

Jayne