1U rackmount cases for *single* cpu AMD XP 2100+

alvin at Maggie.Linux-Consulting.com alvin at Maggie.Linux-Consulting.com
Tue Mar 19 12:45:05 PST 2002

hi ya john

we've had no problems keeping the 1700+ cool in our 1U chassis
( ie... it runs... and hasnt crashed .. unlike the dual-cpu amd machines
	- not sure if the 2100+ will run .. or not...

- donno if water cooling is good or bad...
  and simimlarly for peltier cooling

have fun
alvin
http://www.linux-1u.net .... 11" deep 1u cases ...

On Tue, 19 Mar 2002, John Burton wrote:

> Greetings!
>
> I'm looking for a couple of things and some information. First, I
> recently read a review on Tom's hardware about a new chipset from VIA
> for Athlons, the KT333.  Does anyone know of any motherboards shipping
> with this chipset? Can anyone suggest a good 1U case for such a board
> running an Athlon XP2100+ ? I'm considering building  a small cluster
> with the following specs (if I can :-)

$ 400??	> Athlon XP2100+
	> KT333 chipset
$ 140	Asus MB w/ NIC w/ sgva
$ 120	> ATA/100 local disk -- 40-60GB GB
$ 440	> 1 GB of memory  -- pc2100 w/ ecc registered
$ 300	> 1U case

assembly, testing, shipping