small 1U gigabit card ...recommendation?

Ray Muno muno at aem.umn.edu
Tue Mar 12 06:01:21 PST 2002

Why do you need a small card?  If you have a 1U box, you most likely are
going to have a PCI riser that folds the card over horizontal anyways.

As for on-board Gig-E, SuperMicro's new Intel E7500 based board, the P4DPR,
mentions onboard Gigabit Ethernet. This is aimed at 1U configs.

On Tue, Mar 12, 2002 at 06:53:22AM -0500, Jim Fraser wrote:
> Can anyone recommend a low profile (maybe 1U) gigabit Ethernet card?
>
> I wonder why no one is making on-board gigabit Ethernet built on the
> motherboard?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jim

 Ray Muno                           http://www.aem.umn.edu/people/staff/muno
 University of Minnesota                          e-mail:   muno at aem.umn.edu
 Aerospace Engineering and Mechanics               Phone:     (612) 625-9531
 110 Union St. S.E.		                     FAX:     (612) 626-1558
 Minneapolis, Mn 55455