Tyan Tiger & non-MP Athlons

Luc Renambot renambot at cs.vu.nl
Wed Mar 6 01:40:57 PST 2002

Just to clear something, I would assume that the lightwave benchmark
is software rendering (FP computations like ray-tracing and radiosity)
and doesn't benchmark the modeling phase (in OpenGL).
Quake is an OpenGL application which mainly test the GPU (ok, the
CPUI is important too, but...)
Otherwise you're right, Lightwave 7b uses SSE2 instructions for P4.

Luc.