Tyan Tiger & non-MP Athlons

Luc Renambot renambot at cs.vu.nl
Tue Mar 5 07:36:47 PST 2002

Here's my experience:
In Amsterdam, we built a 9-node cluster with
dual-athlon (1500+ MP) on Tyan Thunder K7 boards.
In fact the machines were delivered with regular
athlon CPUs, and it worked fine. But when we tried to
upgrade the BIOS (to access new features), the
motherboard refused to boot in dual mode, only
in mono-proc. The latest BIOS checks if
the CPUs are MP... After that, the processors
were changed by our dealer.

Luc.
renambot at cs.vu.nl