Beowulf Status Monitor

Johnson Phil johnsonp at instem.com
Tue Jun 25 00:57:09 PDT 2002

I've just put together a simple 2-node Scyld Beowulf cluster (27BZ-8) and
I'm getting no statistics data from the Beowulf Status Monitor (2.1.4). All
seems to be working fine, nodes are 'up' (booted from CD). I can run
programs like the bproc move test, mandelbrot and others, but the status are
always reported as: -

CPU: 0/100% (0%),  Memory: 0%,  Swap: None, Disk 0%, Network: 0kbps

The system is built with reclaimed, refurbished P133 or P166 machines ( i.e.
zero cost ), having either 3COM 3C900 or 3C900B NICs connected via thin wire
Ethernet. One node uses a RAMdisk, the other uses HD hda1/hda5.
Speed/performance isn't an issue since the system is just for research and
other experimentation.

Q1: How do I find out where the problem is?  ( and how to fix it! )

Q2: Are there any node-loading/benchmark programs out there?

Regards,
	Phil Johnson	( A newbie to Linux clustering )

	Senior SCADA/Systems Engineer
INSTEM Computers Ltd UK
johnsonp at instem.com

the system manager.