GPFS from IBM

Ivan Oleynik oleynik at chuma.cas.usf.edu
Mon Jun 17 16:05:58 PDT 2002

Hi Thomas,

Yes, I meant PVFS: the parallel virtual file system. Sorry for
misspelling. Most of my knowledge of beowulf acronyms came from recent
telephone conversations with salespeople and beowulf engineers.

But what are your interesting findings? What did you compare and which
system is better in terms of ease of use and maintenance, reliability and
speed?

Ivan

Ivan I. Oleynik                       E-mail : oleynik at chuma.cas.usf.edu
Department of Physics
University of South Florida
4202 East Fowler Avenue                  Tel : (813) 974-8186
Tampa, Florida 33620-5700                Fax : (813) 974-5813