LINUX CLUSTER: vendors & critical issues

Ole W. Saastad ole at
Thu Jun 13 12:29:09 PDT 2002

I have installed the Intel compilers (we bought the 6.0 verisons)
and for what I experienced the license permits only one running
copy of the compiler, a license is checked out with flexlm and
checked out after the compiler terminates.

As far as I have experienced any user on the compile
node can check out a license, but only one license at
the time.

This might be contrary to the written license, but it
works and thats most important for me and the other users.

Ole W. Saastad, Dr.Scient. Scali AS P.O.Box 150 Oppsal 0619 Oslo NORWAY
Tel:+47 22 62 89 68(dir) mailto:ole at
Are you meeting Petaflop requirements with Gigaflops performance ?
    - Scali Terarack bringing Teraflops to the masses.