Anyone using a 3COM 3C966B-T Successfully?

Gabriel J. Weinstock gabriel.weinstock at dnamerican.com
Thu Jul 25 17:36:51 PDT 2002

Yes we're using those. We had tried the old 3C996-Ts and never successfully
gotten them to work. We still have occasional problems with the new B-Ts in
that it is necessary, occasionally, to remove and insert the driver module to
get them working. Also, the old 3c996-Ts worked fine in a cluster of P4 xeon
machines. Our problems have always been with Athlons (MPs on a Tyan 2460, and
now, 2466 MPXs.) Given that the driver sometimes requires probing after boot
I wonder if that could be related to the PXE/etherboot problem. Also, the old
cards used the bcm5700.o module; the new ones use tga3 I think. Further,
RH7.3 comes with an updated driver; the one on the CD with the adaptor is
older (and didn't work for us.)
HTH
Gabe