kernel oopses

Joachim Worringen joachim at lfbs.RWTH-Aachen.DE
Tue Jan 29 10:40:21 PST 2002

Robert Latham wrote:
> > The first thing I would like to do is to log the oops message. Right now
> > it goes to the console only - it does not appear in the log files
> > although syslog sends everything of severity *.info to /var/log/messages.
>
> i guess you've read Documentation/oops-tracing.txt , but if not, it's
> a good start.

When does the crash happen? When loading the driver or after a zillion
of packets have been transmitted? Anyway, check if you can turn on some
debug output (use the source, Luke) and see what the driver just did
before it crashed (the debug output does go into the system log).

And what does Syskonnect say? If it's such a harsh problem, they should
have noticed by now - if not, they'll be happy to hear about it!

 regards, Joachim

--
|  _  RWTH|  Joachim Worringen
|_|_`_    |  Lehrstuhl fuer Betriebssysteme, RWTH Aachen
  | |_)(_`|  http://www.lfbs.rwth-aachen.de/~joachim
    |_)._)|  fon: ++49-241-80.27609 fax: ++49-241-80.22339