p4_error: net_recv read: probable EOF on socket: 1

Walter B. Ligon III walt at clemson.edu
Mon Jan 28 08:32:54 PST 2002

--------

I'm not the expert on this, but as best I understand it this is a
fairly generic MPICH error which says a task tried to receive and
the process it tried to receive from has gone away.  More often
than not, unless you have lots of OTHER error messages, this is
some kind of program error (IOW, *your* program's error).

There are so many ways your program could be failing there is no
way to do a reasonable job of telling you what to look for, but
usually adding some kind of debugging output to your code will
help.  If you can isolate which task is failing, you can crash
it in gdb and see exactly where and why it crashed.

Since this is probably your code, there isn't a generic solution,
and that's why it isn't posted.

Walt

--
Dr. Walter B. Ligon III