Boards for Fastest Intel Processors

Steven Timm timm at fnal.gov
Mon Jan 14 12:41:20 PST 2002

Steve--thanks for the note.
Isn't the new Xeon package going to be 478 pins, same as the
"northwood" version of the P4?  or am I getting confused here.

Will the supermicro boards such as the P4DC6+ or P4DCE+ support
the new,"prestonia" xeons or just the old ones?
I am seeing vendors that claim the boards will but on
the board spec sheet itself it only talks about the 603-pin package
which I assume is the older "foster" package.  Is that right?

Steve Timm

Steven C. Timm (630) 840-8525  timm at fnal.gov  http://home.fnal.gov/~timm/
Fermilab Computing Division/Operating Systems Support
Scientific Computing Support Group--Computing Farms Operations