Dual motherboard cases--clarification

Donald B. Kinghorn kinghorn at pqs-chem.com
Thu Feb 14 11:02:19 PST 2002

Hi All

...thanks for the suggestions ... some are very interesting ...

I'd like to clarify a little though ...

I work with Parallel Quantum Solutions and we sell linux cluster to (mostly)
computational chemists (we're all PhD chemists) our smallest machine is a 4
cpu two motherboard system with our parallel quantum chemistry code
installed. It's a great deskside box for a working chemist. We've been using
this case (in black)

 http://www.calpc.com/html/large_server.html

but it's really twice as big as it needs to be ( it does look impresive
though )

A better size would be somethings like this

http://www.calpc.com/html/small_cube_server.html

This would be plenty big enough for a 2 motherboard system but it's not setup
that way.

This one is close (thanks Alvin ) but still bigger than it needs to be

http://www.servercase.com/ImageFiles/SC1000C.html

I hope that answers the why? question.
I think a small dual mb case like this would be an attractive personal
parallel code development box too ... and it would be a knockout at the local
linux users group meeting :-)  I'll let you all know if I come up with
anything nice.

Thanks again for the helpfull feedback
-Don
P.S.
I'm not really interested in a dual motherboard rackmount case but I have to
admit that this one suggested by Joachim and Steffen is really cool ... check
this out :-)

http://www.ict-gmbh.de/images/twin.jpg