Advice on Cluster Hardware.

Donald B. Kinghorn kinghorn at pqs-chem.com
Wed Feb 6 11:01:03 PST 2002

You can take care of this by adding ide0=ata66 ide1=ata66 to the Lilo append
line. It forces the udma mode 5 bit and seems to work fine (you get full mode
5 so you don't need to use ide=ata100 although that may work to ??). I've
been doing this for several months now on Tyan boards and haven't had any
problems ... I found this by reading the kernel ide source code ... use the
source Luke ...
I think there are some other ways to take care of it too, like a kernel patch
or tweaking things in a custom kernel build ...
-Don

I've tried the AUSU dual athlon and yes there do seem to be some problems.
The first is that 2 out of 3 were DOA ... I've just received 2 more so hope
if was just a fluke ...  The guys over at 2cpu have some info about the board
if you want to pop over there and search around a bit

http://www.2cpu.com