multiple processes on laptop

Frank Muldoon fmuldoo at alpha2.eng.lsu.edu
Thu Dec 19 15:46:52 PST 2002

I have a Fortran 95/MPI parallel program that I run on my laptop for
testing.  If I have the ethernet card plugged into a live cable I can
run 32 jobs on the laptop easily.  If there is no cable or a dead cable
plugged in then my program runs very slow. It takes for ever for the 32
processes to spawn.  Rebuilding mpich (version 1.2.4) with the shared
memory device does not help.  Anyone know how to fix this problem?

Thanks,
Frank

--
Frank Muldoon
Computational Fluid Dynamics Research Group