bzImage/kernel comp prob

cjereme at ucla.edu cjereme at ucla.edu
Wed Dec 18 13:18:15 PST 2002

Hello

I am currently setting up a beowulf that is running on SuSe 8.1 kernel
2.4.19. Since
the kernel seem to have most of the stuff on it, I decided to keep the
kernel that came
with it and make a bzimage for the compute nodes. I plan to eventually
download mknbi
later on. But when I execute the ff commands

make clean
make dep
make -j 16 bzImage

I get get errors getting an .o file for trap.c ...has anyone come across
this problem?
I know this is really a kernel question...  So it basically would not
ocmpile for me.

if it will help:
I am working on a diskless beowulf and planning to do network boot using
netgear
fa310tx cards.

Thanks,

Christine