memory leak

Vann H. Walke walkev at presearch.com
Wed Dec 18 05:08:49 PST 2002

I agree that this seems like the most likely source of your problem.
Unfortunately with the current Linux kernels obtaining clear memory
usage information is difficult.  The only way I know to really test
memory usage is to write a simple program that attempts to malloc large
areas of memory - If the malloc succeeds, the memory wasn't really being
used.  If you read back through the archives you should find some other
messages relating to the problem and perhaps even some test code.

Good luck,
Vann