Scyld Hardware Question

Donald Becker becker at
Fri Aug 30 16:10:57 PDT 2002

On Fri, 30 Aug 2002, Aaron Collier wrote:

> Has anyone installed Scyld Beowulf OS on a dual Pentium 4 Xeon system?

We test with a few daul P4-Xeon systems here, and  at LinuxWorld we were
demonstrating on a 10 node / 20 processor CA-Digital cluster in the
Intel booth.

>  If so, what motherboard are you using?  I am asking because although Scyld
> has told me that version 28cz-4 supports the P4 Xeon, I have my doubts
> after reading all of the problems mentioned in the posted e-mails.  Also,
> I have noticed that in the computer industry the meaning of the term
> "supported" is relative :-)

There can always be issues with any system.

As long-time list readers know, we have written and supported a great deal
of cluster software over the years.  We are in a much better position
than almost any other cluster company, large or small, to fix problems
as they occur.

Donald Becker				becker at
Scyld Computing Corporation
Annapolis MD 21403			410-990-9993