Wanted: Good mobo for Intel 850E chipset and 1066 RDRAM

Camm Maguire camm at enhanced.com
Thu Aug 22 09:59:28 PDT 2002

Greetings!  We're upgrading our 16-node cluster.  Our code heavily
uses matrix-vector BLAS level2 operations.  Memory bandwidth is the
bottleneck, and our preliminary tests show that rambus is at present
the clear winner in terms of performance.  This of course is
unfortunate, given the legal manipulations surrounding the
technology.  We would much prefer to go with dual channel DDR, but
this doesn't appear to be available anytime soon.

In any case, Intel states that its boards don't support the 1066.
Asus requires certain RDRAM manufacturers.  Gigabyte just says 1066 is
supported.  Any recommendations for solid motherboard/RAM manufacturer
combinations using the Intel 850E chipset and 1066 RDRAM?

Thanks in advance!

Camm Maguire			     			camm at enhanced.com