Problems with dual Athlons

Robert G. Brown rgb at phy.duke.edu
Thu Aug 1 09:13:07 PDT 2002

On Thu, 1 Aug 2002, Bari Ari wrote:

> Here's a well written FAQ (another lecture) about power line harmonics
> caused by non-linear loads (PC power supplies) and dealing with
> suppressing their effects:
>
> http://www.mirusinternational.com/pages/q&a_fr.html

Awe inspiringly useful.  Fabulous.  Finally, a clear and complete
explanation of all sorts of nonsense we're seeing, including the heating
of the neutral wire (which I had just barely figured out on my own from
other comments on the list).

Just goes to prove that there is ALWAYS something else important to
learn about cluster engineering.

This link will have to go on all my cluster pages and into my online
book, which is obviously woefully inadequate in its already fairly
long-winded description of cluster infrastructure (power/AC).

Thank you (x1000),

   rgb

Duke University Dept. of Physics, Box 90305
Durham, N.C. 27708-0305
Phone: 1-919-660-2567  Fax: 919-660-2525     email:rgb at phy.duke.edu