Tyan Tiger 2460 (Re)

Steve Gaudet SGaudet at turbotekcomputer.com
Thu Apr 25 10:09:56 PDT 2002

Hello

> According to Robert G. Brown
> > From beowulf-admin at beowulf.org Thu Apr 25 11:50:34 2002
> > From: "Robert G. Brown" <rgb at phy.duke.edu>
> > Subject: Tyan Tiger 2460
> >
> > We've had problems (as have others on this list) getting our 2U
> > rackmount Tyan Tiger 2460 motherboards to boot/install/run
> reliably and
> > stably.
> >
> > ... to conclude that this is a
> > reproducible BUG in the 2460 Tiger motherboard, either in
> the BIOS or
> > (worse) in the physical wiring of slot 1...
>
> > BTW, so far the 2466 runs fine, as noted by many listvolken.
> >
>   It's not only problem w/Tyan dual motherboards. The problem
> exist also w/correct work of Hardware Monitor chips (for work of
> lm_sensors it's necessary to do (at the boot) some trick w/BIOS),
> for both 2460 and 2466. Moreover, for Thunder w/Tualatin
> chips lm_sensors
> can't work. May be Supermicro boards are more stable ...

Has anyone reported these issues to Tyan's technical support?  Tyan knows
that their products sell very well in the Linux cluster market.  So not
addressing these issues would cause customers to look elsewhere.

Regards,

Steve Gaudet
Linux Solutions Engineer
  <(©¿©)>

| Turbotek Computer Corp.    tel:603-666-3062 ext. 21             |
| 8025 South Willow St.      fax:603-666-4519                     |
| Building 2, Unit 105       toll free:800-573-5393               |
| Manchester, NH 03103       e-mail:sgaudet at turbotekcomputer.com  |
|                            web: http://www.turbotekcomputer.com |