Power Strips and cables

canon at nersc.gov canon at nersc.gov
Wed Apr 24 16:01:48 PDT 2002

Greetings,

I was curious what novel ways everyone is
powering rack systems.  I'm mainly curious about
high density (1U) systems.  We currently are
racking 32 nodes in a rack and using 4 20A,
vertically mounted power strips.  I'm concerned
that next wave of machines will be too deep to
accommodate the four power strips.  What is everyone
doing for these types of scenarios?  I don't
need remote power management at this point.
I'm more concerned with just fitting everything
in neatly.  Also, I've seen custom power cords
that clean things up.  Does anyone know a vendor
or supplier for these types of things?

Thanks in advance,

--Shane Canon