Suggestions on fiber Gigabit NICs

javier.iglesias at javier.iglesias at
Wed Apr 24 03:18:46 PDT 2002

Hi all,

To cope with some network bottleneck problems leading to calculation
crashes, we envisage to migrate our 18-nodes' (bi-AMD 1600+/Tyan Tiger
MP/FastEthernet/Scyld 27-b8) master to Gigabit.

I would like to get your feelings/experiences on two fiber Gigabit
NICs :

1) Netgear GA-621

2) 3Com 3C996-SX

We have a really nice ethernet Extreme Networks Summit 48 switch
that offers 2 fiber Gigabit ports we want to push to work :)

Any other suggestion ? want to share comments ?

Thanks in advance for your help !

Genug gewartet? sunrise ADSL: schneller im Internet.
Assez attendu? Avec sunrise ADSL, surfez encore plus vite sur le net.
Stufo di aspettare? Con sunrise ADSL più veloce che mai in Internet.