Intel releases C++/Fortran suite V 6.0 for Linux

Bjorn Tore Sund bjornts at
Wed Apr 24 00:58:06 PDT 2002

On Tue, 23 Apr 2002 beowulf-request at wrote:
> Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 16:29:44 +0200 (CEST)
> From: Eugen Leitl <eugen at>
> To: <Beowulf at>
> Subject: Intel releases C++/Fortran suite V 6.0 for Linux
> Intel announces the release of Version 6 of the Intel(R) C++ and Fortran
> Compilers for Windows and Linux. Take advantage of performance for your
> software. Please visit our Compilers Home Page today.

I've been wanting to test these out, both in the previous versions
and this, but as long as Intel are only releasing them as RedHat
rpms, they are fundamentally useless on a SuSE system.  Or at least
a lot of hassle to install.  Anyone know if Intel are going to come
to their senses and start releasing tarballs, or am I going to have
to go through that hassle?

Bjørn Tore Sund         Phone:  (+47) 555-84894      Stupidity is like a
System administrator    Fax:    (+47) 555-89672      fractal; universal and
Math. Department        Mobile: (+47) 918 68075      infinitely repetitive.
University of Bergen    VIP:    81724
teknisk at       Email:  bjornts at