cooling

Jon Mitchiner jon at minotaur.com
Tue Apr 23 19:32:47 PDT 2002

The other consideration to have is some kind of monitoring/alerting system
for the room.  A client has a dedicated cooling equipment for a beowulf
cluster for 52 machines.  Recently the A/C broke one morning and they did
not find out till the afternoon when someone walked into the small network
room and found the room was in excess of 100 degrees.

I dont want to think about what could have happened if it happened on a
friday evening and nobody found about it until Monday. :)

Jon Mitchiner