HIGH MEM suport for up to 64GB

William Harman rfoster at lnxi.com
Sat Apr 20 07:22:15 PDT 2002

Sounds right.  __PAGE_OFFSET is set to 0xC0000000 by default, so
you get 3GB of address space for user processes.  And about 2GB
max for the data segment.

You can change the kernel to give you more than 3GB of address
space and greater than 2GB of data segment for heap allocations.
It's three lines to change. Two lines in header files and one
line in the one of the assembly init files.