DMA difficulties

alvin at Maggie.Linux-Consulting.com alvin at Maggie.Linux-Consulting.com
Sun Apr 14 17:37:32 PDT 2002

hi ya steven

if you have the hdd cable plugged in ( am assuming into the motherboard )
but no ide drive .... you will get whacky results ...
( whether secondary ide is disabled on the bios or not... )

remove cables that dont go nowhere ( is what am trying to say )
remove um if the devices are disabled ..

most bios does allow you to autodetect or user define the
devices... but donno about your motherboard...

the default rh-7.2 kernel should work fine...
( doesnt cough up erroneous messages on boot that i know of..

c ya
alvin