very high bandwidth, low latency manner?

Steffen Persvold sp at scali.com
Thu Apr 11 20:29:07 PDT 2002

On Thu, 11 Apr 2002, Craig Tierney wrote:

> I talked to a guy at SC2002 from Quadrics and he said
> that list pricing on a Quadrics network was about $3500
> per node when you are in the 100s of nodes and up.
> The price includes the cards, cables, switches,
> etc.  This doesn't include any sort of discount that you
> might get.  Myrinet is about $2000 for an equivelent
> network at list price.   Dolphin/SCI falls around $2245 list
> per node (if the system is > 144 nodes and you have to get
> the 3d card).

This is list prices for the cards only, right ? What about the switches
needed. AFAIK Quadrics and Myrinet both need switches, SCI don't (which
makes the total system cost a bit lower doesn't it ?).

Regards,
--
  Steffen Persvold   | Scalable Linux Systems |   Try out the world's best
 mailto:sp at scali.com |  http://www.scali.com  | performing MPI implementation: