How do you keep clusters running....

alvin at Maggie.Linux-Consulting.com alvin at Maggie.Linux-Consulting.com
Wed Apr 3 13:44:14 PST 2002

hi ya

buy better quality fans...

we use $15.oo fans ( 40x40x10mm ) stuff used in 1U chassis

( you can get fans as cheap as $4.oo but is a dead $1,000 server
( worth the cost differences of cheap fans ???
	 ( not the place to save $$$ )
	- similarly ..get better quality (cooler running) powersupply too

fans should NOT die... at least not more than once a year ...

c ya
alvin
http:/www.linux-1U.net ... 11" deep 1U chassis w/ amd 1700+