Fwd: FreeBSD port of SGE

Ron Chen ron_chen_123 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 3 11:02:19 PST 2002

FreeBSD hackers and Beowulf users,

I am porting SGE (a software for the compute farms, or
the so-called batch systems) to *BSDs, and I am
wondering if someone can take over some of the ports.
I just started porting the code to *BSDs. Currently, I
can get the code compiled on *BSDs with "#ifdef BSD"s.

I am starting the system specific part, mainly to get
the load, cpu, and stuff like that.

I am not done yet, but I just want to tell you that it
is getting there :-)

Someone also started the SGE port to FreeBSD (which
means duplicated work), so you are interested, or if
you want to be the maintainer of the ports (currently,
we have FreeBSD, NetBSD, OpenBSD, Darwin/MacOSX),
please contact me.

More info: gridengine.sunsource.net

Thanks,
 -Ron