Hyperthreading in P4 Xeon (question)

Steven Timm timm at fnal.gov
Wed Apr 3 06:27:42 PST 2002

I have one such test machine that we are evaluating at the moment.
It's a dual cpu machine but under Linux it shows up looking like it
has four cpu's.  Haven't actually tried yet to see if it really can
run four loads just as well... the specimen we have has DDR SDRAM
and already gets bogged down going with two processes at once.

Steve Timm

Steven C. Timm (630) 840-8525  timm at fnal.gov  http://home.fnal.gov/~timm/
Fermilab Computing Division/Operating Systems Support
Scientific Computing Support Group--Computing Farms Operations