Syntax for executing

Eric Miller emiller at techskills.com
Tue Apr 2 13:34:27 PST 2002

disregard.  SETI is not available in an MPI-enabled format.

My apologies.  Can anyone direct me to an URL that lists some available
programs that I can execute on the cluster?  Preferably something with a
continuous (looping?) graphical output (e.g. SETI). This is a display for
students to visualize and promote educational programs for Linux, like a
museum peice.

Hey all, got a five-node cluster up running 27-z9, preparing for a 30 node
cluster.

- What is the syntax to run an executable in the cluster environment?  For
example, I run

NP=5 mpi-mandel

to run the test fractal program.  How would I execute say, SETI, using the
cluster?  Assume that the SETI executable is in the PATH.  Also, the older
version of Scyld had some test code in /usr/mpi-beowulf/*.  Is that gone?

-  What would cause all but one of the processors to show usage in
beostatus?  The node shows "up" in every other way: hardware identical,
memory, swap, network, etc....just when I run something, only that one
processor on one node shows no % usage.

-ETM

  .~.
  /V\