Scyld and mpi FASTA Makefile Problems

Dean Lavelle dean at ucdavis.edu
Fri Sep 21 09:07:31 PDT 2001

Dear users,

I am a beowulf newbie who has almost gone completely mad trying to
rework the Makefile for the mpi FASTA under the Scyld release 7operating
system.  The small Scyld beowulf system that I have constructed  works
perfectly for the Linpack as well as the mpi-mandel test applications.
included in the Scyld distribution.  However, I cannot seem to get the
included Makefile  for FASTA to compile.

Does anyone have a Makefile for the mpi enabled FASTA that compiles
under Scyld?

Any pointers would be immensly helpful (I wouldn be surprised to learn
that I have done everything incorrectly).

Much thanks,

Dean Lavelle