FORTRAN compilers

Florent.Calvayrac Florent.Calvayrac at
Fri Nov 23 06:47:13 PST 2001

> I have found the Portland Group products to be heavily bug-ridden, and
> essentially unusable by a group of scientists that are actively
> developing code that uses Fortran 90 (or HPF) features.  Moreover,

Right : compilation and test of LINPACK on our system
gives at least 50% failure of precision  tests with pgf77,
versus 0% with g77. However, when it works, the
generated code is at least 20% faster than with
other compilers.

To reply to another message, Playstations 2 have a
128 bit processor....

Florent Calvayrac                          |
Laboratoire de Physique de l'Etat Condense |
UMR-CNRS 6087         |
Universite du Maine-Faculte des Sciences   |
72085 Le Mans Cedex 9