Beowwulf Status Monitor on Scyld

Tony Stocker akostocker at
Mon Nov 12 09:24:13 PST 2001

Hi there,

I'm also seeing this "issue" but on a slightly larger scale.  All of my
slave nodes (currently at 6) have 1GB of memory yet in status monitor they
all show 670MB used.  And the cluster isn't doing anything at all, it's just

booted up.  What buffers and cache need to eat up this much of the memory?
And more importantly isn't this going to affect performance when I actually
do try to run something on the cluster?

Beowulf mailing list, Beowulf at