Beowwulf Status Monitor on Scyld

Sean Dilda agrajag at scyld.com
Sun Nov 11 20:35:52 PST 2001

On Sun, 11 Nov 2001, german kogan wrote:

> I brought some of my slave nodes up. But in the Memory section for some of
> them it says 181/251MB (72%). Does this mean that 181 MB of memory are
> being used for something or that 181MB are free?

It means that 181M out of 251M are used, and that's approximately 72% of
the RAM.  When looking at this number, its important to remember that
the 181M is the RAM being used by processes on the system, as well as
any memory the kernel is using for buffers and cache (such as it uses
with filesystems to speed up repeated accesses).