Promise SX6000 vs Adaptec 2400A

Brian Haymore brian at
Wed Nov 7 11:40:55 PST 2001

	3Ware will be announcing shorting that Escalade is not in fact going
away.  So those that did like the 3ware product this is great news.

Joshua Baker-LePain wrote:

> On Thu, 8 Nov 2001 at 12:01am, Kian_Chang_Low at wrote
>>With 3ware existing the IDE raid storage card market, I was looking for a
>>replacement for a cluster and came across the Promise Supertrak SX6000 and
>>Adaptec ATA RAID 2400A.
> FWIW, someone with a *lot* of interest in big storage systems recently
> posted to the linux-ide-arrays list that 3ware have reversed their
> decision and will be getting back into the IDE raid card business
> (including releasing the 7850 RSN).  A press release is supposed to be
> forthcoming.  The Escalade pages are already back up.

Brian D. Haymore
University of Utah
Center for High Performance Computing
155 South 1452 East RM 405
Salt Lake City, Ut 84112-0190

Email: brian at - Phone: (801) 585-1755 - Fax: (801) 585-5366