Using NFS with Scyld (-7 ver.)

Daniel Kidger Daniel.Kidger at quadrics.com
Mon Nov 5 09:58:26 PST 2001

> As far as I know, you cannot get a linux box to mount an NFS filesystem,
> then reexport it over NFS to another machine.  So, as far as I know,
> what you're asking is impossible.

I have never seen re-exporting a directory working.

What you can do is routing with ipchains so all nodes on a cluster's private
ethernet can mount a filesystem on an external system.

Also on the subject I found that auto-mounting /home on demand (see
/etc/auto.misc) was much more reliable than trying to keep the mounts
permanently up.

Yours,
Daniel.

Dr. Dan Kidger, Quadrics Ltd.      daniel.kidger at quadrics.com
One Bridewell St., Bristol, BS1 2AA, UK         0117 915 5505