a shell script to spawn mpi executables on the "free" nodes of a Scyld cluster

Sean Dilda agrajag at scyld.com
Fri Nov 2 05:07:30 PST 2001

On Fri, 02 Nov 2001, Florent Calvayrac wrote:

> > This script is just spawning jobs on the nodes that are using less cpu
> > time, right?
>
> yes... but you admit that until this release, the problem
> was present and discussed here about two months ago.

Yes.  We saw the problem discussed on the list, which is one of the
reasons we made beomap, to solve the problem.  I appreciate you sending
out a fix for the problem, I just wanted to let you know that we already
have our own solution that works without running an extra script.  (In
case you're curious, beomap actually pulls the cpu load info from
libbeostat)