a shell script to spawn mpi executables on the "free" nodes of a Scyld cluster

Sean Dilda agrajag at scyld.com
Thu Nov 1 07:29:40 PST 2001

On Wed, 31 Oct 2001, Florent Calvayrac wrote:

> to those with the same problem
>
> Since  I couldn't find any free programs to address
> easily this issue I include below a dirty bash2 script
> to spawn mpi executables on the "free" nodes of a Scyld cluster
>
> Comments and feedback welcome

This script is just spawning jobs on the nodes that are using less cpu
time, right?   If you are using our latest release, -8, mpich
automatically uses beomap to map which nodes the jobs go to, and
beomap's default behavior is to automatically map the jobs to the nodes
that have the lowest cpu usage.

Is there something to this script that I'm missing that mpich with
beomap doesn't do for you?