64bit/66MHz PCI mobos (Intel STL2, Asus CUR-DLS)

Steffen Persvold sp at scali.no
Wed May 23 10:47:57 PDT 2001

Chris Black wrote:

> On Wed, May 23, 2001 at 03:13:33PM +0200, Steffen Persvold wrote:
> > Chris Black wrote:
> > >
> > > We have been looking into motherboards that provide 64-bit 66MHz
> > > PCI slots and haven't had much luck. We are now evaluating the
> [stuff deleted]
> >
> > The SuperMicro (http://www.supermicro.com) 370DE{6,R} cards are actually
> > quite nice. They both have onboard SCSI-3.
> >
> > The SuperMicro 370DL{3,E,R} are a cheaper variant (LE chipset) and the
> > 370DLE is without SCSI.
> >
> > I haven't checked too much, but I believe all of these boards are
> > cheaper than both the Intel and the ASUS boards.
>
> Have you or anyone used the onboard IDE on these motherboards?
> The person working with the Intel serverworks board seems to be
> having trouble getting IDE working in ultradma mode. Also, do
> any of these boards have onboard video/ethernet?

I'm sorry but I haven't used IDE on these mobos for disks, only CDROM.
As for onboard VGA/ethernet, the 370DER has an onboard ATI Rage XL 8MB
card and  dual Intel 82557 ethernet controllers. The 370DE6 has an AGP
slot and a onboard 82557 ethernet controller.

Regards,
--
  Steffen Persvold               Systems Engineer
  Email : mailto:sp at scali.no     Scali AS (http://www.scali.com)