Swap file in scyld

Josh Puckett (EUS) Josh.Puckett at am1.ericsson.se
Wed May 23 10:27:02 PDT 2001

OK, this if my first post here, as you can probably tell. I am working on a beowulf cluster of some older machines we have in our lab. I have ran in to a small problem. We have 5 machines with 32mb of ram, and I wanted to use those as well as the others I have. However, using a default Scyld install you need something like 60mb of ram. No problem, I thought a swap file would fix the problem. I un-commented the swap line in the fstab, and left it as 40960 size. However the node still stops as its "copying libraries", exactly the same as before, when the 32mb of ram is full. 1MB of the swap file is supposedly used, which seems strange, because one would think none of it has been used. Any ideas on how to get the swap file going?

thank you

Josh P