64bit/66MHz PCI mobos (Intel STL2, Asus CUR-DLS)

Chris Black cblack at eragen.com
Tue May 22 15:46:55 PDT 2001

We have been looking into motherboards that provide 64-bit 66MHz
PCI slots and haven't had much luck. We are now evaluating the
Intel Server Board STL2, but have had some problems with it in
terms of getting the IDE to work correctly with UltraDMA support.
Can anyone share any experience with these boards in terms of
problems and what needs to be done to get them to work? It seems
they are a bit finicky in respect to the type of memory they want
as well.

Has anyone found any motherboards that can reliably do 66MHz/64bit
PCI bus transfers? We are trying to maximize the performance of
our gigabit cards which do support 66MHz/64bit operation. We looked
at the ASUS CUR-DLS but it appears that although it has 64bit pci
slots, these run at 33MHz.

Chris