Node power supply

Robert G. Brown rgb at phy.duke.edu
Tue May 22 14:17:05 PDT 2001

Sorry, two brain farts:

On Tue, 22 May 2001, Robert G. Brown wrote:

> load.  The power is determined by the voltage times the power.  The
The power is determined by the sum of the voltages times the CURRENTS on
each line (on the DC side).

> This might be why AMD insists on a certified 250W supply or better for

I think Joel got the 1.33 GHz power requirements right at 300W.  I was
probably remembering an earlier conversation on one of their slower
CPUs.  Too much shopping, too little time...

  rgb

Duke University Dept. of Physics, Box 90305
Durham, N.C. 27708-0305
Phone: 1-919-660-2567  Fax: 919-660-2525     email:rgb at phy.duke.edu